September 3, 2012

Pre Labor Day

It has been ages.
Things I never thought would have happened happened, maybe not that I never thought it would happen, but I never knew it would happen.

There was really too much to take in.

Now I'm on the other side of the world.
School can be hectic, if you are not good and systematic enough.
Work to be turned in isn't too much but sometimes I just don't remember a thing learned a year ago back in college, and that, makes it hard. Of course, I'm too good at procrastinating.

I have yet to find friendly people in classes. Going to classes, for me is just like being there to attend and listen. Sometimes I never talked at all. Well except for labs, where my lab partner, Drew becomes okay as days go by and the other lab members are getting along a lil bit. I mean, I find it hard to fit in when I find the locals stick around only with their people and chinese with chinese sometimes.

Out of class, people are different, well they are of course different people. The working ones, and the others. Old aunties living nearby my apartment, office worker, strangers, they don't really come and leave anything in my life but the interaction always feels better. I don't know why.

Walking around aimlessly downtown, all the way to the end of town. A few times. How exactly does it feel to be part of this city? No, not yet. No one is ever going to be part of this city. Individuals walk the streets, with the people they walk with. Strangers don't give a damn who you are over here. No one does. Never really believed in things like "Nothing else matters if you're not here with me.", until now. Being to amazing places, doing foolish things, but there is no one that really treasure it as much as you do, that is pure sadness.

Whenever everyone goes into their own rooms, locked up themselves looking at their laptop screens, having love from another person, I am always left here, alone. Forever alone they said? Nah. I don't know. Surely will get used to this. I don't need anyone to make me a happy one. I am one.

Being here is so different from what I expected though.
I thought I would work hard, I haven't.
I thought I would die if I don't work hard, (that kind of comes together with the previous one) but I haven't yet.
I thought I would become fat, not yet I guess.
I thought I wouldn't cook, I cook sometimes.
I thought I would love to get a new phone, I was wrong. Ipad is certainly enough. LOL.
I thought I would enjoy classes, I haven't yet, slowly getting to it, but sometimes you gotta look at the professors. (Not that they are bad, they are knowledgeable, they can teach, but they just got here, and they just started teaching in English, and that's hard.)
I thought I would miss home a lot at first, then I thought I wouldn't, so I'm kinda right and wrong here.

Long live Labor Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment